Leap into College FAQs
Learn everything you need to know about the conference
1. When will the Leap into College Conference be held?
The Conference will take place on Saturday, February 29, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
2. Where will the conference be held?
The conference will be held at the Lake-Sumter State College South Lake Campus located at 1250 N Hancock Rd, Clermont, FL 34711. Check-in will be at 8:30 a.m. and located at the Cooper Memorial Libary which is located at 2525 Oakley Seaver Dr, Clermont, FL 34711.
3. How long will the conference last?
The conference will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and is scheduled to end at 3:30 p.m.
4. Will the entire conference and all the breakout sessions take place in one classroom?
No, the breakout sessions will be held in various locations at Lake-Sumter State College and the Cooper Memorial Library. You will be provided with a schedule
and the location of each breakout session upon your arrival at check-in.
5. Where do I check-in?
Check-in will be held at the Cooper Memorial Library at 8:30 a.m.. The Cooper Memorial Library is located at 2525 Oakley Seaver Dr, Clermont, FL 34711.
6. Where do I pick up my schedule and materials for the day?
Your schedule and program materials will be provided when you check-in for the day at the Cooper Memorial Library.
7. What topics will be covered during the conference?
An agenda with the day's sessions will be provided in the student packet upon arrival. Customized conference sessions will include topics such as "Finding Your Fit, SAT test prep support, time management, keeping mentally healthy at college, essential financial knowledge with personal budgeting tips, an open college student Q&A panel, and so much more!
8. Do I need to bring anything with me to the conference?
You do not need to bring anything with you for the conference. However, you may bring a sweater in case the conference room gets cold.
9. What is the recommended attire for the conference?
While there is no set dress code for this event, however room temperatures may vary, so please dress accordingly.
10. Will lunch be provided?
Yes, lunch is included with the price of your registration.
11. Is there an additional cost for lunch?
No, lunch is included with your registration.
12. Can I bring my own food in the classroom?
Outside food is permitted if you have dietary restrictions or require accommodations for medical needs.
13. Can my parent attend?
Yes, parents are allowed to attend and they will be able to view the additional resources in addition to the sponsor tables in the Cooper Memorial Library lobby. However, please note, seats inside the conference room will be reserved for students.
14. What do I do if I need to cancel? Do you offer refunds?
Unfortunately, refunds will not be given.
15. What if I can't attend the whole day?
You will be permitted to leave early if you cannot stay for the entire conference.
16. Can I transfer my registration to someone else if I can no longer attend?
Unfortunately, registrations cannot be transferred from one student to another.
17. Is there a fee for parking?
No, parking is free. Please utilize the Cooper Memorial Library parking lot.
18. Do I need to have a parking permit displayed in my car?
No, a parking permit is not required for this event. Please park in the Cooper Memorial parking lot.
19. Will I receive any kind of high school or college credit for attending this conference?
No credit will be awarded upon completion of this conference, however, we hope students will leave feeling more prepared and confident as they apply to college.