Leap into College FAQs
Learn everything you need to know about the conference
1. What is the Leap into College Conference?
The 2019 conference included customized conference sessions with topics such as "Finding Your Fit, SAT test prep support, time management, keeping mentally healthy at college, essential financial knowledge with personal budgeting tips, an open college student Q&A panel, and so much more!
2. Do I need to bring anything with me to the conference?
You do not need to bring anything with you for the conference. However, you may bring a sweater in case the conference room gets cold.
3. What is the recommended attire for the conference?
While there is no set dress code for this event, however room temperatures may vary, so please dress accordingly.
4. Will lunch be provided?
Yes, lunch is included with the price of your registration.
5. Is there an additional cost for lunch?
No, lunch is included with your registration.
6. Can my parent attend?
Yes, parents are allowed to attend and they will be able to view the additional resources in addition to the sponsor tables in the Cooper Memorial Library lobby. However, please note, seats inside the conference room will be reserved for students.
7. What do I do if I need to cancel? Do you offer refunds?
Unfortunately, refunds will not be given.
8 . What if I can't attend the whole day?
You will be permitted to leave early if you cannot stay for the entire conference.
9. Can I transfer my registration to someone else if I can no longer attend?
Unfortunately, registrations cannot be transferred from one student to another.
10. Is there a fee for parking?
No, parking is free. Please utilize the Cooper Memorial Library parking lot.
11. Will I receive any kind of high school or college credit for attending this conference?
No credit will be awarded upon completion of this conference, however, we hope students will leave feeling more prepared and confident as they apply to college.